A few days ago, Ellen Loo brought her pedalboard (which was put together by her and I) over to the shop for some maintenence work and she also had some changes she wanted done. Here is the original board we put together a while back.
When I opened up the case for the pedaboard, I was shocked to find the state it was in! (So shocked that I forgot to take any photos of it.) In short, it was a mess. Some of the Dual Lock holding the pedals together had fallen apart. Some of the pedals were barely holding on just by the patch cables. Some of the pedals had just given up staying where they were supposed to be. Turns out the pedalboard was stored in a warm and humid place and placed sideways, which usually isn't too big a deal, but since some of the pedals on this board were on risers and some of them stacked, the Dual Lock's adhesive backing was dealing with more weight than it could handle.
We were quick to get to work with this one, since we only had a few days before Ellen needed the board back in action. The first thing we did is take apart the whole board and prepare the board to be rebuilt. There was going to be a change in the pedals' positions too, so we planned it all out on a drawing software to make sure all the pedals would fit the way we want them to. After agreeing on a plan with Ellen, we started putting the pedals back together. Instead of just relying on the Dual Lock's adhesive backing, we also wicked in some superglue for all the new pieces, to make sure they weren't going to come loose any time soon. With all the pedals firmly in place, we started on checking, repairing and testing all the patch cables. Some of the patch cable plugs had become unreliable with rust forming on the internal parts, so those were gone and replaced with new ones. After the patch cables were tested for volume and tone, it was onto power cable reorganizing. After everything was plugged in, we tested the board to make sure everything was sounding good, then off it went to the finished work shelf, ready to be picked up.